Molecular biology techniques are at the forefront of scientific research and are widely used as analytical methods to evaluate advanced-therapy medicinal products.
The main techniques implemented at GenoSafe include Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (qPCR) to detect and quantify DNA; and real-time Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-qPCR) to quantify gene expression through measurement of mRNA synthesis.
At GenoSafe we use molecular biology techniques for many applications in various domains such as:
– Product characterization: quantification of viral genomes, biological agent detection, as a final read-out measurement for some potency tests, quantification of infectious genomes, copy number analysis….
– Preclinical studies: biodistribution and gene expression studies
– Clinical studies: shedding
Our dedicated team has a long experience in designing, optimizing, validating (per ICH guidelines), and performing customized assays based on molecular biology techniques.
Depending on your specific needs our services can be performed at research grade or under GLP and GCLP regulations.
We carry out DNA and RNA extraction from cells, viruses, tissues, organs and fluids following optimized protocols.
Our platform includes the following instrument solutions:
– Applied Biosystems 7900HT real time instrument with PerkinElmer Twister autoloader
– Roche LightCycler LC 480 real-time PCR instrument with Caliper Twister autoloader
– Bio-rad Experion automated electrophoresis system
– Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer and NanoDrop instruments